It’s less than a month before NaNoWriMo is upon us again. I will more than likely be attending the Night of Writing Dangerously again and am happy to report on it during the night of so people can see what it’s like, if they’re so inclined.
Last year, we found others to connect with via a nice little writer submission form. I figured I’d bring it back again. Feel free to follow others/reblog their bio and introduce yourself/etc. as we all gear up for another year of noveling mayhem.
P.S. My updated bio form is below as an example.
Here’s an example of what you’re welcome to submit to us in search of other writing pals, guys.
1. Name/pen name: AJ Amaro is the pen name for Andrew AJ Sass. I use it in all my published, non-professional (i.e. non-tech and legal journalism) writing.
2. Age: 29.
3. Location: San Francisco.
3. How many times have you done NaNoWriMo before? This’ll be my 8th year.
4. How many times have you won? 6. Life happened in a really overwhelming way in 2006 so that was a bust. I also did Camp NaNoWriMo this July and hit my goal of 25,000 words.
5. What’s your preferred genre/genre you’re working on this year? I’m going to split my time between an LGBT dystopian YA novel and what may or may not turn into a memoir about the experience of transitioning genders (female to male/non-binary) as an individual who is autistic. Figured it’d be as good a time as any since I began hormone replacement therapy this year and just returned to work last week after having chest reconstruction surgery.
6. Who are you looking to connect with? I’d love to meet some other Bay Area wrimos, or just anyone who thinks we have something in common. I’m an indie author, currently in talks with a small publishing press about one of my novels, so I’d love to connect with others who’re going through the same thing, or even those who are interested in learning more about self or independent press publishing. Feel free to hit me up at any of the links below.
7. Connection details go here!
-NaNoWriMo username: nicayal (used matokah as my name for 2010, otherwise I’ve never used the official site before then)
-Tumblr username: andrue2
-Twitter: matokah (there is it again!)
-Facebook: Here’s my author fan page (I’d love you forever if you liked it)
-Website: My official author website
-Other: How about a picture?
Also, I created a 30 day NaNoWriMo meme back in 2010. If you need a break from noveling, consider filling it out, maybe.
Okay, your turns.